Saturday, March 22, 2014

[Guest Post] Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes





I am Sophie. I am ten years old. My mom invited me to do a guest post on her blog! I made peanut butter and jelly cupcakes. I got the idea because I thought they might be good. And they were!


You need:

24 cupcakes  (Made from one box of chocolate cake mix and cooled.)

Jam or jelly  (I used blackberry jam)

Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 cup of unsalted butter at room temp
3 cups of powered sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of milk
2/3 cup of creamy peanut butter

First get a large bowl.  Beat your butter for 2 minutes using an electric mixer on medium speed.  Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on to the lowest speed for a minute until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter (to avoid a poof of sugar everywhere).  Increase the mixer speed to medium and add vanilla, salt and 2 tablespoons of milk.  Beat for 3 minutes on medium.  Add 1 tablespoon of milk and mix for a minute.  Now add your peanut butter and mix together.


Take your cupcake and cut a hole in the top so you have a hole to fill with jam.  Take the piece of cupcake that you cut out and set it aside because you will need it later on.  Fill the hole with jam.  Put the top of your cupcake back on.  Now squeeze your frosting on using a baggie with the corner snipped off.  Enjoy! 




1 comment:

  1. mmmm.....these look delicious. I must give your recipe a try Sophie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...